Since 2004, QinetiQ North America has delivered advanced maritime technology to the U.S. Navy. We are proud to have developed the hardware and software for the U.S Navy aircraft carrier, the CVN-78 USS Ford. Our technology is integrated on America’s most modern warship to launch aircraft using the Electro-Magnetic Aircraft Launch System (EMALS) and arresting gear using our Advanced Arresting Gear (AAG).
Our complete Maritime capabilities include:
Sea Scout – Air-launched Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (UUV)
C-TALON – Submersible robot for surveillance and reconnaissance
SabreTooth – For shipboard inspection, maintenance and surveillance
Underwater Optical Communications – Provides command and control needs
Flight Deck Safety Net – Offers safety and fall protection at sea and at port
Expertise in Action
- EMALS technology has been used by the U.S. Navy since 2004. Since 2008, QinetiQ North America has been involved with the component testing on the shipboard design, including full scale and full power tests of all components.
- Our software development team uses man-rated critical safety software that is fully compliant with CMMI III standards.
In the News
- QNA’s Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System technology shaping the future of the USS GERALD R. FORD (CVN 78)
- Successful EMALS Launch of an F-35C Joint Strike Fighter
- Navy Uses Electromagnets to Launch Fighter Jet