Rail Safe / Energy Absorber
Shock Energy Absorber System
Rail Safe, a shock energy absorber system, improves rail transportation safety by providing high-energy absorption through a novel patented design. The system provides excellent damping and force magnitude control through solid-to-viscous reversible phase transition of its core material.
Simulations of tank car collisions show that Rail Safe added between rail cars can significantly improve crashworthiness and mitigate collision damage.
- Improved freight and passenger crashworthiness
- Affordable / low life-cycle cost
- Compact design
- Little to no maintenance over service life
- Green technology
- Energy capacity exceeding 1M ft-lb.
- Force/acceleration limit
- Tailored design for maximum energy absorption