Rugged. Easy to Operate. Lifesaving.
Now IOP Compatible!
Since its introduction more than a decade ago, QinetiQ North America’s TALON® family of robots has earned a reputation for durability, flexibility, modularity and performance in keeping personnel, assets and civilians out of harm’s way.
In military, law enforcement and first responder applications, these lightweight tracked vehicles are widely deployed for improvised explosive device (IED) and explosive ordnance disposal (EOD), reconnaissance, communications, CBRNE (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, Explosive)/hazmat, security, heavy lift, defense and rescue missions.Large enough to get the job done, yet small enough to be easily transported, the TALON is a remarkable achievement in robotic technology.
The TALON is fast and mobile, able to climb stairs, negotiate rock piles, overcome concertina wire and plow through snow. The robots have been used worldwide, from Ground Zero after the 2001 World Trade Center attack, to IRAQ and Afghanistan, searching for the Boston Marathon bombing suspect and assisting with security during major sporting events.
A TALON for every mission:
TALON in Iraq — TALON robots can take a punch and stay in the fight. One was blown off the roof of a Humvee in Iraq while the Humvee was crossing a bridge over a river. TALON flew off the bridge and plunged into the river below. Soldiers later used its operator control unit to drive the robot back out of the river and up onto the bank so they could retrieve it.
TALON searches for Boston Marathon bombing suspect
The robot of choice for MA State Police and Boston Police Department. TALON was called to the scene shortly after the first bomb went off at the Marathon Finish Line. TALON combed the streets in search of the bombing suspect and was tasked with identifying potential hazards, explosives and kept civilians and law enforcement officials away from danger.
Talon In the News
- TALON IV featured in Israeli Industrial Solutions | Military Technology
- TALON V highlighted in Ground Robotics Development| Military Technology
- TALON saving Marines in the battlefield – Fox News
- Velodyne Teams with QinetiQ North America to Showcase New VLP-16 LiDAR Puck on TALON Robot
- TALON V-IOP Compliant Introduced at AUSA 2014
- American Platoon Dismantles Taliban Bombs (Demotix)
- Robots Going in Harm’s Way (Boston Globe)
- Iraqi Army Engineers Train with Talon Robots (Operation New Dawn)
- Australian Defence Force Selected QinetiQ’s Talon Robots (Army Guide)
- Talon Robots Get New Gear (Botropolos)
- Talon Robots Introduces Two-Way Hailer Technology (ThomasNet News)
- Walnut Creek PD Buys Generation IV Talon EOD/CBRNE Robot (Police Technology)